These grants focus on community organizations and programs that educate, empower and elevate the youth of Lancaster County.
Partners For Youth has awarded over $2 million in community grants since 2000
If your organization is interested in applying for future funding you must contact foundation staff prior to submission of a grant application. The 2019 application cycle will be announced soon.
- Grants will favor proposals for specific projects and programs, rather than general operations, that will serve the youth of Lancaster County.
- Proposals should emphasize help to the youth to become productive citizens with sound personal values and the ability and desire to make positive contributions to the County.
- Partners for Youth seeks to make grants that will have significant and lasting impact on Lancaster County and it will give priority to grant applicants for programs that will receive ongoing support from the applicant.
- Prospective grantees are encouraged to provide innovative collaborations and partnerships which respond to the needs of Lancaster County youth.
- Awards can be granted only to organizations and institutions exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- All grants will be in accordance with the Partners for Youth’s status as a tax exempt 501(c)3 organization.
- In rewarding grants, consideration will be given to the availability of funds and the impact of the amount requested.
- Lancaster County Partners for Youth does not make grants to or for
- Indirect costs, including payments of a percentage of a grant to local organization’s state or national affiliate.
- Indigent care
- Programs or projects traditionally considered to be the role of government
- Retired accumulated debts
- Projects of organizations that primarily benefit their own members
- Tickets to charitable events or dinners
- Legislative lobbying or other political purposes
- Discuss your application with Partners for Youth’s Executive Director by calling 286-1465 or sending an email to Sharon@lcpartnersforyouth.org.
- Review the Applicant Checklist
- Complete the application and budget form and return them to Lancaster County Partners for Youth, PO Box 1023, Lancaster SC 29721.
- Partners for Youth will acknowledge receipt of a complete application by phone call or letter. The response may be
- A request for more information,
- An offer of assistance to help the organization better state its needs, or
- A rejection.
Please note, requests received after the deadline will not be considered for funding during this grant cycle.
- Partners for Youth Grants Committee or Board of Trustees may request a site visit.
- Audits may be required of all grants.
- Grantees will be asked to conduct a formal self-evaluation at the end of the grant period including a written report. Reports may be required at other times during the grant period as well.
- The grant applications are made with the understanding and approval that representatives of Partners for Youth may make unannounced visits to your organization during regular business hours to review your business records and other operational information.
Be a supporter
Our students rely on supporters like you to make meaningful educational differences in their lives. Please consider donating right now.