Pat Burns Dillard Professional Development
We believe that supporting teachers’ active participation in their own professional growth will positively impact student learning and achievement.
We have disbursed nine Pat Burns Dillard Professional Development Awards
Named in honor of former Lancaster County School District Superintendent and former ex-officio member of Lancaster County Partners for Youth board member, we have disbursed nine Pat Burns Dillard Professional Development Awards. Professional development opportunities have included attending the Ron Clark Academy, the International Readers Conference, and the SC Kindergarten Teachers Conference, and more.
Partners for Youth believes that supporting teachers’ active participation in their own professional growth will positively impact student learning and achievement.
To be eligible for these funds you must:
- Be employed full-time with the Lancaster County School District with at least 50% of your work week in direct instruction with students in a classroom or classroom-like setting;
- Continue to teach the following student year with the district upon completion of your professional development request;
- Have taught for at least two years with the Lancaster County School District.
- These funds can be used for travel/lodging to the conference if out of town.
- The deadline for this funding application will soon be announced.
Please note: PFY funds cannot be used for completion of post baccalaureate degrees, teacher certifications, university credit hours, and courses for graduate credit.
The 2023 application cycle is now closed.
Be a supporter
Our students rely on supporters like you to make meaningful educational differences in their lives. Please consider donating right now.